CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First blog!!


Well hello!!

Thanks for checking this page out! I am not quite sure how or what to blog...but here goes nothing.

You probably arrived here after receiving an update from me about my life!! Just in case you didn't receive that update...I am heading into a different season here mid-August. I resigned my job effective August 17th, and am beginning to raise support as a missionary with City Central here in Tacoma (www.citycentral.org). I will be focusing on three separate areas: evangelism and discipleship at Stadium High School, the development of a prayer room through City Central, and international outreach partnering with an amazing organization called Call2All (www.call2all.org).

I am pretty excited...a bit out of my box and comfort zone, but so, so thankful to serve the Lord. Some of you may be familiar with some of the health problems I have had over the years...today was one of those days where my body didn't quite like the day my mind and heart had in store. Even on these days, I am so utterly thankful for a God who loves me unconditionally...and who actually believes enough IN me to invest a calling, a life, a couple talents and ideas. I remember when I first encountered Him...I remember thinking-if You are for real...if this is who You really are...than all I am is Yours for the taking...this is still my heart cry. Good days and hard ones alike...

So I'll be posting updates on the work here in Tacoma here on this page...and would love to hear any thoughts you have!!

Bless you!
Julie

PS these lovely ladies are "my girls" the lovely women from Stadium High School the Lord has entrusted to me...what a joy...and we are standing (believe it or not) in front of the school-isn't it beautiful??

1 comment: