Hello world! Another one has joined the ranks of the "30's"...it's me :)
So it was my birthday last week...the big 3-0 to be exact...I kept waiting for this to hit me...I think that you almost expect in our culture today to be more depressed about getting older...and yet it never hit me. I couldn't even conjure up if I wanted to a ton of emotion about this milestone...except that I feel so thankful. My life is not exactly what I thought it would be when I turned 30...and probably if you had the opportunity to go back and tell 22 year old Julie what her life would be like...she would have gotten mad at you (and let's be real...22 year old Julie was quite a bit more angry in general than 30 year old Julie praise God!). And yet I am not angry. I am thankful. I remember in college one of my friends said that she thought I'd get married when I turned 25 and I was horrified as that seemed "so old"...and yet I am not angry...I am thankful. Turning 30 marks having been sick for half my life and yet I am not angry...I am thankful.
Thankful for this King who still sees fit to dwell in my person.
Thankful for this Savior who delights to rescue me.
Thankful for this Redeemer who is hopelessly lost in love with the sons and daughters of men. Thankful for this Love who violently pursues my affection.
Thankful for this Warrior who has fought every battle for me.
Thankful for this Husband who has taken me on more adventures than I could have asked for or dreamed for.
I am thankful. Not talking myself into being okay "thankful" but gut-level wouldn't ask for anything different thankful.
Thank you King for the life you allowed me to live up to this point. I pray I have more to give you in my thirties...and that if nothing else is different about the circumstances of my life at 40...that this would be true of me...that I love You more then than I do today. That I have given more of myself away then than I have yet had the opportunity to today. That I have loved well those around me. That many have been snatched from the enemy by my own hands given in evangelism. This is what matters to me. And in both the quietest part of my heart and the loudest boldest part of my personality...a resolve remains. I will run after Jesus for the rest of my life. I will endeavor to give Him more. The very breath I breathe is evidence of His love for me...the masses walking the streets are reason to move and to move quickly and boldly that many would come to Jesus in this hour.
On a lighter...less contemplative note...I was MASSIVELY and TREMENDOUSLY celebrated on and around my birthday...wow...pictures are below...as well as a video that I would like to title "This is what Julie's kids will be like someday...aka a total spaz" Enjoy!
Much love!
Julie
This is the PAISLEY cake that Cailyn made me!! She's the best!
One side of my birthday party...
WOW! That cake is super impressive:) Happy 30th Julie!
ReplyDeleteI do like that cake if I do say so myself. :o)
ReplyDeleteI hate to sound redundent, but I LOVE the cake--it is soooo Julie. Cailyn, do you do this for money, too, or just for love? Julie, you are my best Chicago daughter I've ever had...and isn't nice that you were born so close to my two Washington daughters?
ReplyDelete