So here I go!! I read on a friend's blog this week that after a blogging silence, she feels like she has to fill everyone in on everything that has happened since last blog post...this is EXACTLY how I feel!! So I'm going to do bullet points...and share a little about some new things Jesus is doing here in Tacoma!!
NOVEMBER:
We had our Building Bridges seminar at Stadium High School. This was the seminar that some friends and I worked to put together to take students through a variety of exercises and discussions enabling them to really share what they are facing and struggling with. This was hands-down one of the most humbling and eye-opening couple of days of my life. Watching kids face the pain in their families and then have the courage to say it out loud, THEN learn to support one another in spite of traditional cliques and groups...it was nothing short of amazing. I keep saying that I don't think I could love these students any more...but I continue to be wrong. I am captivated by who they are...enthralled by the design of God etched in their faces...I love them...and am so honored to be a part of God's plan of rescue for them...
DECEMBER:
December was a full and busy month!! So, so fun though...I had the chance to be home with my mom and dad in Colorado for two whole weeks!! I haven't been home for two weeks since college! It was so restful and encouraging to be with my family. My brother, sister (and boyfriend), and niece were all in attendance...it was so great! I love my family, and grow more and more thankful for them each day!!
JANUARY:
Whew...I still shudder a bit saying the word "January"...as many of you know...I also run a jewelry business to help support the mission I feel called to. Back in October, I signed up for the Seattle Gift Show, which is a huge trade show held in downtown Seattle with over 8,000 buyers in attendance. This meant that most of January was spent making jewelry, photographing jewelry, making a jewelry catalog, figuring out how to display jewelry...you get the picture...my fingers are still a bit sore!! :)
Then the actual show was the 23rd-26th...Mom and Dad flew out to help me with the logistics, and a team of wonderful friends helped set up and sell jewelry!! It was SO fun...AND (drumroll please....) REALLY FRUITFUL!! I was picked up by nine stores!! Wahoo!! I just completed all of the orders, and feel like I am finally coming up for air. I am still holding all of it lightly..but believe that to any extent I am asking others to invest in what I am doing...then I should be willing to do what God has asked me to do to invest in it as well. Up to this point, I have continued to feel His leading to work on jewelry to raise additional support. So we shall see where the Lord takes it...so, so glad He has all of it under control, and my only job is to follow :)
So...that brings us to February!! What a great month it has been...I feel like the Lord has deepened relationships at Stadium so much since the beginning of the year. I am so excited about where He continues to lead. We have officially begun all of our fun Spring madness!! This includes Friday Fun Nights that we put on for the kids to have something fun (and safe) to do on a Friday night. Last year, we put on so many CRAZY adventures...including a month long Survivor competition...complete with mental, physical and emotional challenges. Except, we never vote off anyone, because we want them to keep coming back!! We have anywhere from 30-100 kids that will come to these fun nights from all different kinds of groups at the school!
In addition to these fun nights, I have been praying for the Lord to continue to open doors for the Gospel to be shared clearly with each of these kids. I am hoping to take a group of them to camp this summer and have my eye on a group of junior girls I'd love to be able to disciple next year in the Lord...have I mentioned how much I LOVE these students??
So...there you have it! Blogging silence officially broken! I'll try to be better this Spring :)
Blessings and much love!
Julie
Yeah for updates!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for a successful show! The Lord has all the plans for those kids and you figured out - it will be so exciting to watch and hear about!
ReplyDelete